Oven baked kumara chips are delicious but they are starchy carbohydrates so, if you’re watching your weight, it’s a good idea to limit the amount of these that you eat. A handful, not the whole plate if you know what I mean.
- 1 kumara (sweet potato)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Himalayan rock salt
- Nutmeg or rosemary (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Slice the kumara/potato into wedges or slices, whichever you prefer.
- Brush them with oil. I like to pop the oil in a bag, add the kumara and shake it to make sure they’re nice and covered.
- Sprinkle with Himalayan rock salt and herbs.
- Bake for 40 minutes, 20 minutes each side.
Enjoy the deliciousness!
Kumara are rich in beta carotene – a form of vitamin A.
They’re also loaded with potassium and vitamins C and E.
Low in calories, high in fibre they’re packed full of antioxidants.
Plus they’re gluten-free, anti-cancer, anti-coagulant (blood clotting), and help to balance your hormones.
Image via Pixabay